The Washington Examiner is looking for an experienced public relations professional to join our Corporate Communications team in DC as a Senior PR Manager. The right candidate possesses extensive media relations experience, top tier media relationships, and is an expert communicator adept at translating political information and data into stories people want to hear and can understand.
The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into political and policy issues to understand how they are shaping the political narrative in DC, and what that means to politically interested readers and viewers outside the beltway. They’ll have proven experience working in broadcast media or media relations to work closely with the newsroom to identify and coordinate opportunities to promote Washington Examiner’s reporting.
Qualified candidates will know how to effectively pitch our journalists and reporting to continue building Washington Examiner’s extensive presence in the media including hundreds of TV and radio appearances a month. They’ll have a great understanding and appreciation for broadcast television and a pulse on the trending news cycle.
- Establish and leverage relationships with booking producers and cultivate new contacts at broadcast/cable news networks, podcasts, and radio programs
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Maintain a pulse on the news cycle and workings of broadcast/cable news networks to best align Washington Examiner’s reporters and journalism
- Identify and build new media talent within the newsroom with monthly media training
- Create content for press releases
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships on an on-going basis
- At least 3 years of experience in a media, public relations, or marketing
- Strong team player with exceptional relationship building skills
- Ability to multitask, time management and work well under pressure
- Careful attention to detail with good follow-through
- Strategic, collaborative, and creative thinker who can adapt and prioritize moment to moment
- Bachelor’s degree required
The position is full-time with benefits and based in Washington, DC. To apply, send an with you resume by clicking the Apply Now button.
Job Type: Full-time / Benefits