The Vice-President provides critical support to the research team and works directly with the President on overseeing the company's opposition and corporate research efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Overseeing, developing, and editing long-term research projects and investigative materials in partnership with the President.
• Planning and executing investigative research plans, including specific targeting of public records requests or archival research.
• Spearheading the training, long-term management, and development of the Research team in partnership with the President
• Assisting the President to identify company priorities, operations, and scheduling, and completing other assignments and tasks for the company.
• Filing FOIA requests to obtain federal, state, and local government records.
• Searching domestic and international public records, financial databases, federal and county-level court records, and media outlets.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, political science, or related fields
• Experience in senior-level research management at a political committee, national political campaign, or competitive statewide campaign is strongly preferred.
• 8-10 years of political research experience, ideally with experience in business records, personal financial disclosures, fundraising records, FOIA requests, tax filings, or another investigative area.
• Management experience as part of a research department or team, including project planning, document editing, and creative goal setting.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively with stakeholders.
• Proficient in LexisNexis, Pacer, CourtLink, GuideStar, FEC, Congress.Gov, and other research tools and software.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to gather, analyze, and concisely summarize research into written content for both internal and external use.
• Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to identify politically relevant content and news quickly and accurately.
• Proven ability to perform well under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines and objectives.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
• Strong political instinct and attention to detail.
• Sense of humor and positive attitude.
Work Location: Nashville, TN
Salary: Commensurate with experience and Fulcrum Intel benefits package.
To Apply: Please email your resume, letter of interest including salary requirements, and references to David Topping at email@example.com.
Please cite GOP Jobs as your lead for this job. It's an easy way to support us so we can keep posting cool jobs.
Are you the job poster and need to remove this job listing? Let us know here.