The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Events team seeks an experienced producer to help support and grow a broad portfolio of virtual broadcasts and in-person events for business audiences. The senior producer will serve as a leader, consultant, and trusted partner to Chamber departments by building newsworthy and relevant programs across a range of topics. The senior producer will pitch ideas, build agendas, and suggest and book speakers, and then work hand in hand with policy teams and junior producers to turn those concepts into best-in-class productions.
The senior producer will lead in researching topics, writing scripts, and concepting visual elements for assigned productions. Successful candidates will have experience producing broadcast or digital news videos, strong team leadership skills, and a desire to collaborate across departments to create unforgettable event content.
- Produce a broad portfolio of Chamber in-person and virtual events, collaborating with various internal teams through ideation and execution.
- Research and pitch newsworthy speakers and topics and develop and execute virtual and live events and event series.
- Consult with departments on best practices and innovative ideas to improve events.
- Lead teammates through the entire execution process, including assigning staff to specific roles within each project.
- Supervise the management and preparation of VIP speakers, including drafting briefing materials, serving as point of contact for speaker teams, and writing and approving promotional materials.
- Write show scripts, draft run of show documents, concept and request graphics and visual elements, and work across departments to ensure that each event is executed flawlessly.
- Work closely with colleagues on program planning, creative development, and technical event execution to ensure smooth productions.
- Collaborate with communications, web, and social teams to create content and promotional materials to grow live and post-event audiences.
- Stay on the cutting edge of new trends and contribute ideas to improve the quality of our content and sophistication of our productions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in broadcast journalism, event programming, or communications.
- Experience researching complex topics and distilling them into engaging and clear conversations for the screen and stage.
- Voracious consumer of current events and the newsmakers driving those stories, with an eye to uncovering new voices and trends.
- Deep knowledge of broadcast best practices, including scripting, framing, and video production.
- Superior team leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent storytelling and editorial skills, with a dedication to both accuracy and creativity.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
Candidates need to be aware that the U.S. Chamber requires all U.S.-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. The U.S. Chamber is an equal opportunity employer and will make reasonable accommodations to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The U.S. Chamber is committed to equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. The U.S. Chamber will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities in accordance with applicable law