Turning Point USA is a 501(c)(3) grassroots nonprofit organization dedicated to educating students about the importance of fiscal responsibility, free markets, and limited government. With a presence on over 2,500 college campuses in all fifty states, Turning Point USA is one of the largest youth organizations in the country. Our primary focus is to identify, educate, train, and empower student activists to stand up for their values on all high school and college campuses.
To learn more about the organization, founder Charlie Kirk, and its vision for a freer America, visit its website.
ABOUT THE POSITION: Turning Point USA’s accounting manager will oversee and manage accounting staff and maintain financial records with daily entries in accordance with GAAP. Incumbent will oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable, classify accounting records, reconcile accounts, generate financial reports, review general ledger accounts and prepare adjusting journal entries, research and gather information for financial reporting, assist with preparations of compliance filings and audit responses, assist the finance function with special projects, have a strong work ethic and a keen attention to detail and report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Ethical and responsible behavior
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax or related field (advanced degree or CPA certification preferred)
- 5 to10 years experience in accounting, finance, tax or related fields
- Strong command of generally accepted accounting principles and internal control procedures
- Experience with QuickBooks, Oracle or other accounting software
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Google Drive (Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to fulfill all duties listed and any additional duties assigned
- An unrelenting, positive attitude
- Strong work ethic and goal-oriented
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Punctual and very responsive
- Passionate support for the Turning Point USA mission
- Nonprofit accounting experience
- CPA or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax or related field
- Prior experience supporting mission-driven efforts consistent with Turning Point USA’s mission of educating students about the importance of fiscal responsibility, free markets and capitalism.