The Media Research Center, a conservative media analysis non-profit, is seeking a Staff Writer/Researcher for Free Speech America, monitoring Big Tech censorship of conservative voices.
This exciting full-time opportunity requires strong news judgment, multimedia skills and a solid understanding of social media and tech/tech policy as it relates to the conservative movement. Candidate should be self-motivated and deadline- and detail-oriented.
Please send resume, cover letter and writing samples to: Vice President for Free Speech America and Business Dan Gainor, email@example.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing daily content to NewsBusters Free Speech America
- Monitoring social media outlets and Big Tech companies -- generally Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube and others -- for bias against conservatives
- Producing some video to go with stories
- Assisting in research for internal policy analysis and reports
- Attending tech events representing the MRC. AP Style knowledge encouraged. Position is not eligible for telecommuting.
Required Experience & Education:
A bachelor’s degree, and at least some journalism training or journalism experience is required. At least 1 year of professional experience in journalism or a related field is preferred. Must be an active user of social media.