The Research Analyst provides critical support to the research team and works directly with the President on completing the company's opposition and corporate research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Creating and updating opposition research reports by reviewing public records, social media, press reports, and legislative records.
• Filing FOIA requests to obtain federal, state, and local government records.
• Searching domestic and international public records, financial databases, federal and county-level court records, and media outlets.
• Reviewing polling and advertising to ensure accuracy.
• Monitoring press clips and tracking footage.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, political science, or related fields.
• Experience with at least two cycles of political opposition research experience, at a campaign, party committee, or PAC.
• 1-3 years of political research experience, ideally with experience in business records, personal financial disclosures, fundraising records, FOIA requests, tax filings, or another investigative area.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively with stakeholders.
• Proficient in LexisNexis, Pacer, CourtLink, GuideStar, FEC, Congress.Gov, and other research tools and software.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to gather, analyze, and concisely summarize research into written content for both internal and external use.
• Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to identify politically relevant content and news quickly and accurately.
• Proven ability to perform well under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines and objectives.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
• Strong political instinct and attention to detail.
• Sense of humor and positive attitude.
Work Location: Nashville, TN
Salary: Commensurate with experience and Fulcrum Intel benefits package.
To Apply: Please email your resume, letter of interest including salary requirements, and references to David Topping at email@example.com.