WinRed is looking for someone passionate about shipping great, bug-free products to join our engineering team as QA Engineer. This role is part engineer and part product strategist. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable with writing tests and also the curiosity to uncover edge cases before we deploy features.
WinRed is a payments-focused product, and we care deeply about delivering functionality that our customers can trust to always perform at the highest level of dependability. We’re looking for candidates who possess an innate drive to uncover root causes behind issues and unintended functionality. Finding bugs and unintended problems fuels your fire—you enjoy the edge cases, the esoteric, the mind-tangling problems that others may overlook.
Our QA engineer will work closely with our engineering and product teams to make sure that WinRed is shipping top-quality, bug-free software that delights our users.
As QA Engineer, you will:
- Own the quality assurance program, setting a high bar for product excellence for the team
- Work closely with the product team to prioritize features and identify edge cases related to proposed features
- Work closely with the engineering team to improve our CI/CD pipeline and increase test coverage
- Design, develop and implement automated tests for both frontend and backend
- Fully test all new features individually and within the overall application as well as managing live testing audiences
- Design testing strategies to ensure that newly developed features meet functionality requirements
- Implement and monitor exception-reporting tools to ensure prompt reactions to high-priority bugs
- 1-2 years of experience in software engineering, quality assurance or product management
- Experience with automated testing languages such as Rspec, Capybara or Selenium
- Curiosity. Finding edge cases excites you. You like looking for hidden problems and finding ways to uncover issues before our end users do.
- Unparalleled critical thinking skills. You can piece together information from various sources to form an understanding of product needs and potential edge cases.
- Excellent attention to detail. You refuse to let things slip through the cracks, and are constantly thinking of potential areas of concern when discussing new functionality. We strive for pixel perfect for all of our releases and you will be crucial in maintaining that expectation.
- Strong communication skills. You read between the lines and are adept at getting to the root issue. You can also succinctly and accurately distill error-reproduction steps into actionable statements.
- Healthcare, Dental & Vision coverage with HSA option
- 401k with company contribution
- Unlimited PTO
- 3 months paid maternity & paternity
- Laptop & Bose Noise Cancelling headphones
- WFH Equipment Stipend
- Fitness Stipend
- Digital News Subscription