ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Lukens Company (TLC) is an award-winning full-service direct response agency that is seeking a Political Strategist to join our political practice in our Arlington, VA office. The political practice specializes in voter contact, fundraising, and issue advocacy programs for Republican political candidates, political action committees, non-profit organizations, and Republican Party committees.
The Political Strategist will help congressional candidates raise money, strengthen the membership bases of organizations fighting for free markets and limited government, come up with killer hooks for voter contact mail that moves the needle in our clients’ direction, and strategize video ads for viral distribution, sometimes all in the same day (kidding .. sort of). And you’ll be doing it all alongside the best team in politics.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Managing all aspects of direct mail fundraising, membership, and voter contact campaigns with an opportunity to grow into multi-channel, integrated direct marketing practices
- Serving as the day-to-day contact for 3-5 political clients
- Working with internal teams including graphic designers, copywriters, data processors, production managers, and more
- Brainstorming creative ideas, implementing strategy, and interpreting results
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE
A political junkie interested in helping Republican candidates, committees, and center-right advocacy organizations raise funds, win elections, and advance their missions. A lively wordsmith who understands the rules of grammar (and when to break them). Someone who can connect with GOP donors, inspiring immediate action and long-term loyalty. Sound like you? Keep reading.
We also would like to see:
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience on political campaigns or with an agency handling political clients
- Reliable self-starter with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and think on your feet
- Results-oriented “team first” attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous detail-orientation
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with quick turnarounds
- Strong communication skills paired with a knack for problem solving
- Inclination to learn and grow professionally
- Desire to work for a values-driven company that seeks to improve the world for the better
- Direct response marketing, membership, fundraising, and/or finance experience is a plus!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) program with match
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday observances
- Learning and professional development opportunities
- Paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored volunteering
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fun-loving work environment
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic, hardworking, and diverse team excited about delivering high-quality work and great results for our clients
The Lukens Company (TLC) is an award-winning full-service marketing agency that provides expert direct response, donor development, and fundraising services to nonprofits, cultural institutions, advocacy groups, faith-based organizations, and political causes. We are a passionate team of creatives who partner with cause-oriented organizations seeking innovative, data-driven strategies to achieve bold goals that change the world for the better. Our 30+ years of experience across a diverse client base enables us to deliver unique, compelling multichannel campaigns that captivate audiences and yield transformative results… all while being delivered with an unparalleled commitment to our clients’ missions. Join us!
The Lukens Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
READY TO APPLY?
If interested, email email@example.com with “Political Strategist” in the subject line and include your resume, references, and salary requirements.