Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for running a donor-focused email marketing program. Execute and evaluate a robust schedule of solicitation and stewardship email campaigns working with and alongside Development Team to ensure solicitation and stewardship strategies are carried out in a way that builds relationships and ensures long term growth. Coordinate with outside agencies, copywriters, and across Heritage departments as well as closely collaborate with the direct marketing and member services team. Multitask, adapt to changing priorities and strict deadlines, and commit to quality execution. Be data-driven, with a keen focus on using data learnings.
- Own and manage email campaign process, including building and testing email strategies for cultivation and solicitation, creating workflows, and deploying emails.
- Manage marketing automation system, creating user segmentations and lists.
- Specialist coordinates with the Digital Marketing Manager who is in charge of creating fundraising strategies for members who engage with Heritage online.
- Collaborate with membership managers, Heritage departments and outside partners to develop multi-channel fundraising appeals, build relationships with members, and strengthen Heritage online infrastructure.
- Analyze campaign performance and data to optimize fundraising activities with the goal of maximizing revenue and building relationships with Heritage members.
- Improve internal IT processes in collaboration with data operations team.
- Manage SEO and optimization strategy online.
- Help further develop the email acquisition strategy and donor lifecycle for Heritage.
Experience: 3+ years of digital marketing or IT experience. Knowledge of digital marketing techniques, data analysis, and current events are essential.
Technology: Wordpress or other CMS, HTML & CSS, Blackbaud or other CRM. SEO experience. Email automation tools, preferably Marketo. Knowledge of Google Analytics and optimizely. Familiarly with UX and UI. MS Office and Outlook.
- Understand and support the Heritage mission, vision for America, True North conservative principles, and the department’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to manage numerous tasks, setting appropriate priorities to achieve goals.
- Passionate about creating donor experiences through email that build trust and engagement.
- Ability to coordinate with outside teams of vendors and consultants and interact with Heritage donors.
- Ability to solve problems, work with deadlines, think creatively, and act independently.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis and A/B testing.