Now Hiring: Fall Intern
Are you looking to add real world experience to your academic career? Do you have an interest in digital marketing, data, or content creation? Are you looking to start a career in center-right politics or advocacy?
If that’s you, Flat Creek, a unique, digital studio near Boulder, Colorado, is currently seeking a Fall Intern to join our team, learn about digital advocacy, and support our client services team.
At Flat Creek, Discovery (which we define as the idea of life-long learning) is a never-ending pursuit we encourage and facilitate for all of our employees. Our internship program is an off-shoot of that passion, designed to help budding professionals grow.
No coffee runs (we’re remote anyway!), instead we offer a seat at the table to learn from conversations and participate in projects that have a genuine impact on our work, and thus the organizations we support. All internships offer the opportunity to work in a field of interest related to our industry/clients needs, learning objectives tailored to you, and a semester-long project decided between you and the Internship Coordinator.
The position is seasonal full-time or seasonal part-time and fully remote.
Responsibilities could include:
- Learning about Flat Creek, our clients, our products, and our services.
- Supporting the production team in their efforts to provide our clients with:
- Research for digital content
- Analytics and reporting on marketing efforts
- Written content for social media and email marketing
- Light design work and website updates.
- Providing research and written content for Flat Creek’s internal projects.
- Ownership of a semester-long project designed to leave a lasting impact on Flat Creek and provide a powerful, resume-bolstering experience.
- Assistance with general organization and administrative needs.
- Other duties as assigned, or as interested.
- An insatiable drive to learn and grow. This is best demonstrated through initiative, follow up, and follow through. If you believe passivity is the enemy of progress, we can’t wait to see your resume.
- A keen, unwavering attention to detail. Consistent accuracy will be key in helping you get the most out of this internship. Many skills can be taught, but the care for correctness should be something that you bring with you.
- Flexibility. We provide a lot of different services to our clients, and as such, supporting the production team means moving in a lot of different directions. The ability to go with the flow and switch between priorities will serve you well.
- Strong research skills, and the ability to comfortably navigate an excel spreadsheet.
- Self-starting. What does that mean at Flat Creek? It means that you will have a portfolio of responsibilities and when you start your day, no one will be standing over your shoulder making sure you’re doing your work. It’s a small shop and we’re counting on you to keep projects moving forward.
- Political savvy / interest. A lot of our work is around center-right policy, activism, and politics. It’s a unique world, so we’re looking for someone who understands that pressure and appreciates the value of doing work that impacts our society.
- Education at any level in a related field.
About Flat Creek
Flat Creek is a unique venture studio where we blend advocacy & technology to advance freedom & opportunity. Our projects include Datrm.in (a CRM for activism) RootsHQ.com (a website for thoughtful commentary on issues), Studio 31A (a digital design & development service) and other technology, content and data-related projects.
Flat Creek was founded by Allen Fuller in 2005 as one of the first center-right digital agencies in the country. Today, Flat Creek builds brands and products to help America regain its footing as a home to innovators, adventure-seekers, and freedom lovers.
How to Apply
If the idea of taking the next step towards discovering a rewarding career sounds interesting to you, let’s talk! Apply by submitting your most content compelling resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is immediately available.