ClearPath’s mission is to develop and advance policies that accelerate breakthrough innovations that reduce emissions in the energy and industrial sectors. To advance that mission, we develop cutting-edge policy and messaging, educate policymakers, and collaborate with academics and industry. Started in 2014 by entrepreneur Jay Faison, ClearPath engages in the direct education of policymakers within the White House, Congress, and Executive Agencies.
ClearPath team members believe in small government, free markets, and American entrepreneurship. Those principles form the basis for how the team analyzes proposed clean energy and climate policy.
This role will provide the opportunity to learn more about non-profit operations and gain
experience in financial planning and analysis, development, and reporting. Supporting the
Finance Manager and Sr Director of Development, this role will engage with all members of the
team to ensure financial health of the organization.
Budget and Finance Support
● Collaborate on the total enterprise annual budgeting and planning process in
conjunction with the Finance Manager and Leadership team
● Support the implementation and tracking of changes resulting from quarterly financial
review meetings with team leads
● Implement process improvements for operational budgets and forecasts
● Track and manage budgets for incoming and outgoing grants to ensure timely reporting,
invoicing, and payment
● Assist with the preparation of high-level and detailed financial reporting, analysis, and
modeling for presentation to Funders, COO, CEO and Board of Directors to help ensure
the financial health of the organization
● Analyze actual versus budget variances and recommend forecast updates
● Partner with outsourced accounting team to:
● Complete and review month-end close
● Prep and review grant allocation journal entries
● Review and correct journal entries
● Prep, review and reconcile audit report and interact with auditors
● Review bank and account reconciliations
● Implement standard accounting policies and procedures
● Assist with the management and approval of accounts payable
● Assist with the management of incoming grants, including collaboration with the
broader team on concept notes, budgets, and proposals
● Assist with the preparation of financial reporting materials for grants, ensuring that
expenditures are aligned with grant and program budgets and timelines
● Support and improve grant management process including tracking timelines for
activities and reporting. Use systems and spreadsheets to optimize the process,
including potentially developing a CRM system
● Support the management of outgoing grants including development of grant
Compliance and Risk Management
● Support activities and work with legal team to ensure compliance with all regulatory
requirements, tax filings, congressional ethics reporting and rules for non-profits
● Track and manage all contracts, statements of work, or MOUs to ensure they are legally
sound and up-to-date
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Nonprofit Management, Business or a related
● 2-5 years of experience in a related field is preferred
● Strong Excel and data analysis skills
● Knowledge in or willingness to learn Prophix, Bill.com, Expensify, Intacct or other
● Experience with or willingness to learn CRM or grant management software, such as
● Experience and understanding of non-profit organizations, accounting and finance.
Experience in program budgeting and fiscal management; understanding of general
ledger accounting, closing processes, taxes, and financial statements
● A professional and personal commitment to ClearPath’s mission
● Deliberative Decision Making – gather, consider, and evaluate all relevant information to
make logical conclusions before being moved to action.
● Analytical Thinking – have the capability and the inclination to identify and synthesize
information from diverse sources by looking for patterns in data, making connections
between seemingly unrelated events, and understanding how different parts of a system
● Learning Agility – able to discern patterns in data, recognize relationships between
concepts, and rapidly apply learning from one context to solve analogous problems in
● Information Seeking – curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or
● Quality Focus – able to manage the efficiency, accuracy, completeness, and integrity of
the work that they produce. They also recommend improvements in procedures to
continually improve the quality of work produced.
● Time Management – able to manage multiple responsibilities by being organized and
keeping on top of important time sensitive tasks.
● Teamwork: We empower each other to accomplish our shared mission.
● Purpose: We believe the principles of limited government, free markets, and fiscal
responsibility are essential to achieving our mission.
● Ownership: We empower teammates to visibly own and achieve goals.
● Adaptability: We are open to new, complex ideas and test our assumptions to lead
change and advance our mission.
● Curiosity: We have a proactive desire to learn, grow and improve ourselves, ideas and
our mission in a thoughtful and focused way.
● Credibility: We agree that being trustworthy and believable is everything for building
and maintaining influence to maximize impact.
Compensation & Benefits
● Competitive salary commensurate with experience
● Annual bonus, historically awarded
● Paid professional development opportunities
● Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
● Retirement Benefit offering an employer matching contribution of employee
contributions $1 for $1 on the first 5% of pay you contribute
● No vacation policy - take what you need whenever workflow allows
● Fully stocked office kitchen in newly renovated building on Capitol Hill
Please send resume to email@example.com
At ClearPath, we value a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe our team is the key to
making an impact and fulfilling our mission. ClearPath is an equal opportunity employer. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please cite GOP Jobs as your lead for this job. It's an easy way to support us so we can keep posting cool jobs.
Are you the job poster and need to remove this job listing? Let us know here.