The National Rifle Association of America (NRA) is the nation’s largest and oldest civil rights organization. In furtherance of its financial goals and Second Amendment advocacy, the NRA seeks to fill a new senior position – Executive Director, Membership & Marketing. This professional will help promote the Association’s brand, grow its membership, and create dynamic and effective fundraising campaigns that fuel the mission of the Association.
The Executive Director, Membership & Marketing will be responsible for helping to develop and implement the Strategic Plan of the EVP & CEO.
The responsibilities of this newly created senior position include the management and oversight of NRA branding, marketing, membership and donor development, digital campaigns, and several key vendor relationships. This position will plan, develop, and execute all digital marketing endeavors involving fundraising, membership, and branding – creating and sustaining an NRA ecosystem that contributes to continued growth and the national platform of the Association.
Duties include increasing business opportunities, marketing services, converting patrons to paying members, maintaining member records, and collecting feedback to help with the forward advancement of the NRA’s mission.
Major responsibilities also include modernizing and managing programs aimed at enhancing the member experience and recruiting new members – through direct mail, telemarketing, digital marketing, recruiting and member services.
In addition, this professional will oversee all budget functions for the marketing functions, including yearly and monthly budget creation and analysis.
- Increase NRA membership and fundraising via digital strategies and marketing initiatives.
- Optimize, segment, test and measure end-to-end digital membership and fundraising user journey in a scalable and efficient way.
- Manage key vendor partnerships around digital, marketing, fundraising and membership.
- Measure and maintain brand health online via member feedback and vendors.
- Provide long-term strategic leadership to all facets of the NRA Membership Division.
- Provide executive level support to the EVP, both for the Membership Division and other NRA-related activities.
- Oversee and manage NRA Membership Division programs and vendors, with various avenues for communication and engagement.
- Provide evaluation and development plans for Membership Division staff, to promote a high level of performance and morale.
- In coordination with NRA Information Services, maintain the NRA Membership Database and develop new database initiatives.
- Support senior management by reporting on current and historical information relating to NRA Membership – and identify strategies to reach various constituencies (i.e., hunting community, gun owners for personal protection, etc.).
SCOPE: Must be able to handle a high volume of work that is critical and time sensitive. Must be willing to travel consistently from NRA headquarters to events, vendor offices, board meetings, and other key meetings and discussions. This position requires extensive contact with NRA senior management, staff and external vendors.
Must have a demonstrated ability to plan, organize and direct a full range of activities to conduct membership development and service. Ideal candidate has excellent leadership skills, with the ability to supervise, motivate, train and develop team members. In support of the EVP’s Strategic Plan, must be willing to navigate across multiple arenas both within and outside of the organization – operations, grassroots and politics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing (or related field). At least seven years of experience in digital campaigns, digital measurement, and branding. Direct marketing analysis and customer service experience is required. Additional meaningful experience should include a demonstrated knowledge in working with outside vendors to coordinate marketing efforts, an understanding of data processing operations as they relate to the support of marketing operations, database development, reporting, data analysis and forecasting. An appreciation for the purpose and objectives of the NRA is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Effective written and communications skills, with strong analytical and computer skills are a must. The ability to scale large, sustainable programs at a national level. The ability to analyze and solve problems as they arise. The ability to initiate and follow through on projects with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to work in a high-pressure environment while handling multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of NRA management, staff and outside vendors. Must have a working knowledge of computer-based spreadsheets and analytical tools.
- Demonstrated experience in growing customers and strengthening retention with cross division marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrate problem solving with key stakeholders, anticipate needs, determine priorities, and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with database management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to high level of customer service – and experience with public speaking, engaging stakeholders, etc.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with members and customers outside the organization.
To apply, please contact Vanessa Shahidi, Office of the EVP & CEO, at email@example.com.