The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) seeks a talented Creative Engagement Specialist to lead up their digital and other content creation efforts. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Creative Engagement Specialist will lead the content development for their social media and turn photos, videos, and newsletters into engaging content to reach (TFAS) students, alumni and donor audiences.
TFAS is searching for a self-starting, creative thinker to join its communications team as a creative and engagement specialist. Our ideal candidate enjoys collaborating with a small team, listens intently to information and task direction and follows projects through to completion. This person takes personal pride in and ownership of their work, is excited and motivated to learn new skills, is resourceful, and takes initiative to meet objectives.
The creativity and engagement specialist is responsible for elevating the TFAS brand by creating exciting and engaging print and digital content, improving design layouts, and developing the online presence for digital ad campaigns. The role reports to the Marketing and Communications Director.
Please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications. While this is our ideal list, we will consider candidates that do not necessarily have all of the qualifications, but have sufficient experience and talent.
- Support TFAS’s overall digital marketing strategy through production of engaging digital content, including executing social media content planning
- Translate content and information into engaging videos, social media posts, designs and emails and to engage various audiences
- Develop and manage video content and the dissemination of that content through various social media platforms
- Ensure messaging and content are consistent with and integrated into campaign messaging.
- Use available metrics and social media channels to test content to identify most engaging and relevant content for achieving campaign goals
- Monitor performance of digital marketing campaigns and website usage, setting KPIs, reporting on performance and using data to inform subsequent activities
- Keep up with visual changes and trends in social media platforms
- Generate original campaign artwork upon request including modifying existing content for appropriate use in digital channels (e.g., email, Facebook and YouTube)
- Design and format brochures, event promotions, booklets, signage, and other marketing material, adhering to TFAS brand standards
- Keep an organized content library and archival of media assets and packaged design projects
- Develop and maintain design templates to enhance design consistency and workflow efficiency
- You genuinely enjoy being challenged by creative oriented projects
- You are excited about the limitless possibilities to engage and communicate the TFAS mission in the digital world
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-6 years of professional experience (internships may be considered experience)
- Strong grasp and experience using tools within Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or comparable design platform
- A compelling communicator with excellent storytelling skills that can be tailored to various audiences
- Willingness to work with a team as well as independently
- Strong grasp of branding and following style guides
- Ability to work on multiple projects while effectively self-managing timelines and expectations and following projects through to completion
- Openness to explore other areas within the communications department to grow in the field and as a TFAS employee
- Ability to travel 5-10%
- Candidates must have a commitment to ideas of limited government and free-market economy
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and confidential information and meet deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with HTML, CSS and web editing best practices
- Experience with WordPress or other content management systems and SEO best practices
- Experience with Hubspot or other email marketing services
- Experience editing video and audio
How to Apply
- Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Portfolio with at least 3-5 creative samples
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of TFAS