CPAC is seeking a digital savvy Press Secretary for the position of Digital Communications and Media Specialist.
- Writing news releases, talking points, organizing local press events, assist with the updating the official website, coordinating with reporters, executing social media posts and placing op-eds.
- Act as a formal CPAC spokesperson and media liaison for all media.
- Candidate will serve as CPAC talent for digital show and by creating highly shareable videos for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube channels using individually curated and in-house content.
- Be ambitious about identifying content that will engage audiences.
- Produce and edit social videos in styles that best serve each social platform.
- Brainstorm short video ideas that align with the CPAC mission.
- Creative writing: online articles.
- Analyze the performance of social videos and other content and provide recommendations on how to approve CPAC’s reach
- Follow conversations on social media while, at times, interacting with the public.
- Monitor hashtags and topics while finding unique ways to integrate them into the CPAC brand.
- Keep track of and work to improve the associated metrics.
- Work with other communication staffers to further promote the CPAC brand, amplify CPAC messaging, create relevant content and raise the profiles of the ACU Chairman and other key stakeholders.
- Research subjects as assigned by the Marketing and Communications Director and Deputy Director.
- Assist with remote show planning for CPAC Now, America Un-Canceled, and speaker events.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications or equivalent
- 2 to 3-years experience in a high-paced political environment or newsroom.
- A passion for the conservative vision and an embrace of conservative values.
- Experience producing, filming and editing engaging videos and monitoring performance.
- Strong communication skills
- Recognition and understanding of evolving social tools and trends.
Please include the following information with your application:
- Links to social content you have created, or writing samples.
- One short form video idea you think would work well and why.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled