CPAC is seeking a Communications Director. This position reports to the CPAC Chairman and is an in office position based in Alexandria, VA.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and execute communications strategy for CPAC, including press, grassroots and member communications, and online content.
- Create media opportunities for the CPAC Chairman to promote current activities.
- Manage all communications and marketing of CPAC.
- Manage content for the CPAC and ACU Foundation websites, as well as efforts like CPAC Now.
- Develop and oversee social media strategy and content.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute periodic public events with the goal of increasing CPAC/ACUF standing as a thought leader in conservative policymaking.
- Maintain media relationships and press lists.
- Develop and manage the Communications budget.
- Effectively oversee all communications vendors and contractors, managing budgets and deliverables.
- Manage rapid response to breaking news.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Ability to perform in highly stressful and fast-paced situations.
- Previous experience “on the record” required.
- Campaign communications experience preferred.
- Comfortable working in a high-volume environment and have the ability to closely follow the messaging of the organization on a wide variety of issues.