The Oklahoma House Republican Caucus is searching for a politically savvy communications professional who works well under tight deadlines and is passionate about issues facing Oklahomans. As part of the House Republican Caucus Communications team, you will work with elected officials to develop traditional media about public policy issues and Caucus priorities.
• Civic and political awareness is a must, and 2-5 years of experience in government, advocacy, campaigns or public affairs is preferred.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of AP Style.
• Work with members of the caucus to draft, edit and release press releases, columns, op-eds, media advisories and other forms of traditional media.
• Develop talking points on various topics or bills.
• Assist with daily clippings and media tracking analytics.
• Assist with press conferences.
• Provide support on digital media (graphic design, videography, social media, podcast) as necessary.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines, prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Contribute to concept, strategy and creative development sessions of the communications team.
• A professional work demeanor that fosters the trust, rapport and confidence of fellow staff and elected legislators.
• Willingness and ability to work some evenings during session.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, with professional experience preferred.
Salary is commensurate with training and experience. Benefits include a comprehensive benefit package, generous leave in addition to earned Paid Time Off (PTO) and longevity pay.
Please email your resume, cover letter and references to ellis.ebel@OKHouse.gov using the subject line “Communications Specialist” in your email. If you have work examples, please provide links in your email – no large work sample attachments, please.